Here’s a great recipe for low carb biscuits. It’s gluten free and uses flax meal and egg whites to create a soft, fluffy texture. When striving towards a fat loss goal it’s important to limit the amount of bread that you eat, due to all the simple carbs. This recipe is a great way to enjoy some bread while still maintaining your clean diet. Servings: 20
Here’s what you need…
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 cups flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 8 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, flax meal and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix the honey and oil into the flax mixture, then quickly fold in the egg whites. Be careful not to over mix the egg whites, so the fluffiness remains.
- Use an ice cream scooper to drop mounds of the batter on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 186 calories, 14g fat, 64mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 6g protein
Share this newsletter with your friends and family. Forward this issue to them by using the ‘Refer a Friend’ link below.
Read Companion Articles: