This recipe for a Pad Thai is lower in carbs and higher in protein than what you’d get at your local Thai place, yet filled with all the same flavors that you love.
If you’ve been craving Pad Thai but don’t want to sacrifice all of the hard work that you’ve been putting in with your workouts then give this recipe a try!
For the Noodles:
1 (8oz) package Black Bean & Sesame Fettuccine (Explore Cuisine)
For the Sauce:
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
3 tablespoons ground fresh chili paste (sambal oelek)
2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
For the Pad Thai:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1-inch pieces
2 eggs, slightly beatens
2 cups Butternut squash noodles
1 cup bean sprouts
¼ cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
3 Green Onions, chopped
½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
2 limes, sliced
1. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Add the black bean and Sesame Fettuccine. Reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse and set aside.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
3. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, ginger and chicken. Cook, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through. Push the chicken to one side of the skillet.
4. Add the beaten eggs to the skillet, away from the chicken, and scramble, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks.
5. Add the noodles, sauce, butternut squash noodles, bean sprouts, and peanuts to the skillet. Mix to combine.
6. Top with the green onions, cilantro and serve immediately with lime wedges. Salt generously to taste. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 288 calories, 12g fat, 591mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, and 22g protein